[GNC] Uninstall GC

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 3 17:53:10 EDT 2019

Locate uses a database that's generated periodically (typically weekly) from cron. If you've deleted files since the last time it updated the database you'll get files that aren't there any more. You can run
  sudo locate.updatedb
to regenerate. It scans all of storage traversing filesystem mounts so be prepared for it to take a long time.

Also notice that locate matches every path matching the pattern and if the pattern contains no globbing characters locate treats it as *pattern*, i.e. it matches any path with "pattern" (or in your instant case, "gnucash") anywhere in it.

I already told you how to delete all of the gnucash-installed files in .local:

find ~/.local -name gnucash -o -name *gnc* -exec rm -rf {} \;

Regards,
John Ralls