[GNC] GnC 3.5 for Disco

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Sat May 4 15:40:43 EDT 2019

Eric, looks like the old version didn't cleanup properly.

Here's an alternative installation method...it's what I used to install
3.5 this morning.

Follow the instructions to remove version 3.4, paying attention to the
instruction to run

sudo apt autoremove

after removing the three main packages.

The autoremove will take care of the large number of files apt reports
are no longer required when you remove the other packages. They must be
removed from the system. Version 3.5 of Gnucash will install new
versions of most of those files and simply replace the ones that don't
change.

apt should report no errors after the autoremove operation.

When the cleanup of the old version is done, navigate to the directory
where you downloaded and uncompressed the archive holding the three
packages for version 3.5.

Starting with Gnucash-common_3.5_all.deb (this one must go first) double
click on the .deb to start the dpkg installer. Click on the install
button and enter your user password when prompted.  The process should
complete with no reported errors and the install button will be replaced
with a remove button. If you see a warning that no repository is
associated with the package, it is not an error. Ignore it.

Repeat for the gnucash_3.5_amd64.deb and python3-gnucash_3.5_amd64.deb
packages.

If no errors are reported, Gnucash 3.5 is properly installed.

Ron Morse