[GNC] GnC 3.5 for Disco

Eric Coates eric.coates at sky.com
Sun May 5 08:06:21 EDT 2019

Good Morning

Short report:

It's now all working and, for those who have been following a different
thread to do with European share prices not appearing in the Price
Editor window, European share prices are now appearing in the Price
Editor window - John (Ralls) was right, the problem is solved with 3.5.

Slightly longer report:

I was the main reason why it didn't work last night, I was using a
version of Stephen's files that I downloaded prior to my upgrading to
19.04 (which, I assume, were for 18.04) and not the more recent ones. I
saw Stephen's note of this morning, downloaded the new versions and ran
all three of the commands and - everything worked. So now I can go and
spend some money!

Only peripherally related: On the Google drive that Stephen used there's
a not-exactly-clear feature. Clicking on Stephen's link brings up a
screen with two boxes (marked Disco and Trusty), exactly where you click
in those boxes determines what happens, if you click on the folder icon
(which changes to the common symbol for download) you get a zipped file
containing all three of the necessary files, clicking on the text takes
you to another page from which you can download files individually.

As always, my thanks to everybody for their time and help.

Take care

Eric