[GNC] Rate column appeared after Balance

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon May 6 12:34:41 EDT 2019

Hi,

Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> writes:

> Using 3.5 on Ubuntu , on just one of my Bank accounts a Rate column
> has appeared to the right of the Balance column.  I can push it off to
> the right but it has a habit or re-appearing.  I am not aware of
> having done anything to make it happen.  I imagine it is to do with
> exchange rates, but I only use GBP and have checked that the account
> is still set to that currency.
>
> I have looked through the preferences, looked in the manual and
> Googled to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions on why it might have appeared and how to get rid of it?

It's always there.  It just defaults to 1 pixel wide.  You must have
accidentally double-clicked in the column or grabbed the rate-column
header and dragged it.

Just grab the right-side of the header and drag it left to again reduce
the column width to 1 pixel.

Alas, there is no way to have a "hidden" column in the register code. :(

> Colin

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745