[GNC] undo close?

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Tue May 7 03:03:29 EDT 2019

On 5/6/19 11:22 PM, Liz wrote:
> On Mon, 6 May 2019 19:35:24 -0700
> ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> If you accidentally hit "Close", is there a way to undo it other
>> than from backup (which is what I did)?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> -T
>
> Start here
> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Somehow_I_managed_to_close_the_account_view_tab._How_can_I_get_it_back.3F
> After that, in the account tab, double click on accounts you want to
> see open.
>
> Don't Panic *
>
> *https://www.bustle.com/articles/25640-dont-panic-18-indispensable-life-lessons-from-the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-series
>
> Liz

Hi Liz,

     Q: Somehow I managed to close the account view tab. How can
        I get it back?

     A: A new account view tab can be opened from the menu. This
        is slightly different depending on the version of GnuCash
        you are using:

           GnuCash 2.3 and later
             View -> New Accounts Page

Q&A speakth with forked tongue.  Translation.  "You can't.  You
have to start over.  HAHAHAHAH."

Panic?  What me panic?  Good think I am a backup whore.  That
did work, eventually.

Thank you!

-T