[GNC] Questions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue May 7 23:22:20 EDT 2019

Stephen,

Comparative-period P&L is not yet implemented in GnuCash. (but as Chris Lamm noted, he has a testing version of the report that *might* fit your needs - if you can try it, please do so)

You *can* run a multi-column report with each period in its own column, but it will get messy with each column having its own row headers, as you’ve likely discovered. (you could set all columns to use all accounts, show zero balance accounts, and then copy/paste or export to spreadsheet and then manipulate from there)

Probably an easier route is to maintain a spreadsheet of your P&L’s and paste in each column every period. Be sure to include all account including zero balance accounts so everything lines up on the proper rows in the spreadsheet. (I use this method along with percentage and variance columns that I add)

Regards,
Adrien