[GNC] undo close?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Wed May 8 06:28:40 EDT 2019

Op woensdag 8 mei 2019 09:34:18 CEST schreef ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user:
> On 5/8/19 12:27 AM, Maf. King wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 8 May 2019 08:14:05 BST Geert Janssens wrote:
> >> And actually it's very odd your copy of gnucash has this button to begin
> >> with. So that begs the question: what version of gnucash are you using ?
> >> And from what source did you install it ?
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Geert
> >
> > Wow, Geert.  top notch detective work finding that obscure possibility!
> >
> > take a round of applause from me.
> >
> > Maf.
>
> 2+
>
> :-)

Thanks for the praise, but we're not there yet...

I really don't see how this could possibly have been triggered :(

I have looked at the build Fedora 30 build configuration (which can be found
here by the way: https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/gnucash/blob/f30/f/
gnucash.spec)
To activate the obscure code path one would have to define the the constant
CLOSE_BOOKS_ACTUALLY_WORKS somewhere and that doesn't seem to be the case.
And even if that constant would have been set the extra function to archive is
not added to any tool button or menu item. So in theory there is no way to
trigger this functionality from the GUI.

/me is puzzled...

Todd, do you remember which tab was open when you accidentally clicked the
close button ? Was it a report tab, a register tab or an accounts tab or even
something else ?

And could you remember the exact message you received after closing that
specific tab ? I have searched all of the gnucash source code and there's
really only one message using the word "archive". The message lead me to the
obscure function I pointed out before. But that doesn't seem to be
triggerable...

Geert