[GNC] ancient gnucash files not opening

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 05:35:12 EDT 2019

As I understand, you'd have to load earlier versions and work your way up to the current version. I'm not sure how many intermediate versions you'd need to go through.

However, your newest files in that range predate version 2.0.0 by more than a year. Which means you'd have to download, compile, run, and then save your file through several versions. I don't even know whether those earlier versions will run on your machine today.

I don't know whether there's another way to do this.

David

  On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 9:38, Bryan Murdock<bmurdock at gmail.com> wrote:   I'm using gnucash 3.5, trying to open files from 2002 to about 2005
and for each one it says, "This file/URL appears to be from a newer
version of GnuCash. You must upgrade your version of GnuCash to work
with this data."

Is there any way for me to open these old gnucash files?

Thanks,

Bryan