[GNC] QFX vs OXR/QXF

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:40:41 EDT 2019

You should be aware that the OFX import will use the posting date only as its import date. Your statements will list the transaction date, so your statements and your ledger will not match directly.

For that reason, I have gone back to using CSV import format, because the CSV import tool allows the option of choosing which date is used for the entry into your ledger.

Note to developers: it would be wonderful to add a flag to either the ledger account or the OFX import tool that would allow the specification of which date to use.

Second note to developers: it would also be wonderful if the settings used in the import tool (specifically the CSV tool) were sticky, i.e. the previously used settings were retained between uses. I have 3 separate cards with one bank, and have to select “skip the first line, m-d-y format, and tag the columns Date, Description, Debit, Credit” every time I do an import. As a benefit to those who don’t want that feature, either a “reset” button or a “non-sticky” flag on the account could be added. Maybe even save the options as account specific!