[GNC] Decimal share quantity displayed inconsistently

Art Chimes artsonline at gmail.com
Fri May 17 15:03:03 EDT 2019

In my Asset ledgers for stocks and mutual funds, the dollar quantities
consistently display to two decimal places. The share price
consistently displays to three or four decimal places, per my
preference. But the number of shares displays up to three decimal
places, dropping all zeros at the end.

Examples:  3.217 shares or 5.94 shares or 100 shares display just as
I've written, rather than 3.217, 5.940, and 100.000, so they line up
properly.

Is there any way to have the share price display a consistent number
of digits to the right of the decimal point? I don't see anything in
the documentation except a reference to the Preferences dialog, but
the setting for Decimal Places (General -> Numbers) doesn't seem to
affect this column.

I'm using GnuCash 3.4 (2018-12-30) on Windows 10.

This is an annoyance not a functional issue, but I can't believe a
column of shares should properly have an inconsistent number of
decimal places when currencies don't. Is there a solution? Thank you.

Art