[GNC] Fix assets

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri May 17 23:32:43 EDT 2019

Of course.

Unfortunately, the Help and Guide are sparse in their coverage of this topic, but certainly, you can track any thing you can create transactions for.

You should probably speak to a local CPA to make sure you are recording things in line with local laws, especially for tax purposes, but the general procedure for transactions works just fine for any asset, long or short term, as it does for anything else in GnuCash.

While there are no special asset features of GnuCash, (outside of investment portfolios) you can enter transactions to record and track value, as well as manage loans taken out on such assets like mortgages. You can create or run custom reports to show you just the info you want, with regard to that asset.

Please describe in more detail (no numbers needed, or, fake numbers are fine) what you are trying to accomplish and we’ll see if someone here can aid you in creating the needed transaction entries.

Otherwise, basic purchase, sale, and depreciation schedule transactions can be entered in GnuCash very easily.

Regards,
Adrien