[GNC] Gnucash & Online payments

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun May 19 16:02:30 EDT 2019

On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 1:31 AM Walter Dowis <walterdowis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does Gnucash offer the ability to write online
> payments, online bill payment directly within the Gnucash application from
> my bank's checking account? And will the payments be automatically recorded
> in the Gnucash ledger for the bank? If yes, how do I write an online
> payment within the app itself?

For folks in most places, the answer is probably not. If you happen to be
in Europe, you may have an option you could set up. Here is some
information I found with a Google search:

https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up_OFXDirectConnect

I'm in the US and don't use any of the online features. But lots of folks
download the transaction information from their banks and brokerages (NOT
initiating electronic transactions within GnuCash), so you'll find a lot of
information about that.