[GNC] Libre Office question - worth a shotx

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu May 23 13:08:46 EDT 2019

On Thu, 23 May 2019, Stephen C. Camidge wrote:

> I have 2 spreadsheets that are linked, but unlike the behaviour in Excel,
> Libre Office will not refresh the links automatically when I make a
> change. I have set the preferences under Calc Tools and under Macro
> Security  to refresh. This allows undates when the file is opened.
>
> How do I get automatically refreshed links when both files are open?

Steve,

Automagically? I don't know. However, I get Excel spreadsheets from clients
and regulators and immediately save them as .ods files. When I open one that
has links among the tabs a dialog box opens asking if I want to upgrade the
links. Since it does no harm I usually let it do so.

What version of LO are you running? Mine currently is libreoffice-6.2.3 on
Slackware-14.2. But, this behavior has not changed as far as I can remember.

Also, consider posting on the LO mail list: List-Subscribe:
<mailto:users+subscribe at global.libreoffice.org>

Regards,

Rich