[GNC] Upcoming report deprecation

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri May 24 12:40:51 EDT 2019

Op vrijdag 24 mei 2019 18:20:22 CEST schreef Derek Atkins:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 24, 2019 12:12 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> >> On May 24, 2019, at 7:41 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be>
> >> wrote:
> >>

> >> My ideal solution would have been this:
> >> - we provide an online repository with user contributed reports, similar
> >> how kde-look or gnome-look websites host themes or wallpapers for their
> >> respective desktops
> >
> > Is it possible to accomplish this using GitHub? Just curious...
>
> I don't think so.  It would require people to push to github, which is
> effectively the same as current commiters.
>
> The wiki would be a better place.  It opens it up to more people.

> -derek

The wiki was what David T suggested initially in the bug report. John didn't
think a wiki to be a good place to park source files and I tend to agree.

As for the github suggestion: it *is* currently our de facto online
repository. And a repository with benefits: all reports in there are at least
guaranteed to compile...
The downside of this particular repo of course is it has limited write access
and we're not inclined to change that soon.

Both options still depend on the user copying a source file from somewhere
into a specific location on their PC and write a line of code in another file.
It's all still manual.

Geert