[GNC] Stock quotes

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Sun May 26 19:02:31 EDT 2019

On 5/26/19 4:34 PM, Steve wrote:
> That was it. I still had one set up as Alphavantage. "Unknown error"
> is not the most helpful error message.

I wrote a big program once, and at one point in the program, I had it
print out the error message, "WAHOO!"

It actually came out once and the user called me on the telephone to
complain about the unhelpful message. But think about the code that
generated the message and answer this: what error message would you have
printed. Assembler code

TZE  C (transfer if zero)) to location C
TPL  A (transfer if positive) to location A
TMI  B (transfer if negative) to location B

PRINT "WAHOO!"

It must have been a machine error. There was no logical way to get to
that PRINT statement.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B