[GNC] Post Invoice offers only the wrong currency's A/Receivable account?

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Mon May 27 22:36:50 EDT 2019

Hello, fellow GnuCash users:

I am having difficulty with my first invoice for a new customer. My book
has business accounts, including A/Receivable accounts, in two
currencies: USD and CAD (US and Canadian dollars). I have been
generating USD invoices in recent months, and CAD invoices before that.
Today I tried to generate a new USD invoice for a new customer. I can
generate the invoice. It has a single item, which links to a USD sales
income account.

When I try to post the invoice, the only posting account which GnuCash
offers me is the CAD A/Receivable account. The pull-down menu does not
show either of my two USD A/Receivable accounts.

When I try to manually type in the USD A/Receivable account I want to
use, GnuCash offers a currency conversion dialogue.

So, I guess that somewhere GnuCash got the idea that this invoice is in
CAD, but the only item it lists is in USD.

How can I post this invoice to a USD A/Receivable account?

I am using GnuCash Version: 3.4, Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30) on Mac OS
10.11.6.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
     --Jim DeLaHunt, jdlh at jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
       multilingual websites consultant

       355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
          Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953