[GNC] Misc Newbie Questions

Peter088 Peter088 at PeterMacDonough.Com
Wed May 29 05:24:29 EDT 2019

Thanks Eric.  I like your description better than mine.  :^)

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+peter088=petermacdonough.com at gnucash.org] On
Behalf Of Eric Coates
Sent: Wednesday, 29 May 2019 7:17 PM
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: [GNC] Misc Newbie Questions

Hi

> 1)      How can you enter a scheduled transaction before it's due date?
> (Used to check cash flow)

Adrien Monteleone has given one method, I use a different one.

Without going through my entire boring "scheme of works" for the last
day of the month I do want to enter all scheduled transactions for thee
following month (you call it "cash flow purposes", I call it "fear of
going into the red"). To do that I
(1) close GnuCash;
(2) set the system clock to a later date (in my case the last day of the
next month):
(3) open GnuCash, click the necessary buttons and check that all the
transactions have appeared (in my case in my current/checking account);
(4) close GnuCash;
(5) Reset the system date.

I use Ubuntu and I find sometimes (not very often) the change of date
doesn't "take", that is why the checking is necessary.

Different, not better

Best wishes

Eric