[GNC] Misc Newbie Questions

AEG aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 02:21:36 EDT 2019

I've been wanting to do this ever since I started using GnuCash a couple of
years ago and hadn't found the way to do it, so thank you for the
description. Having to enter the advance time period in individual scheduled
transaction is tedious, however, and I had hoped that the setting in the
Preferences menu item would provide global control, but it doesn't seem to
do so.

I've been managing my finances with AceMoney for many years and like the way
future scheduled transactions can be made visible in all accounts via a
global setting. This makes it very easy to turn that visibility on or off
from a simple menu setting and to set how far in advance they would be
shown. Also, the future transactions are greyed out so that, although
visible, they are not easily confused with present entries, but they can be
manually brought forward, edited and made current via a simple right-click
menu.

I would like to see a similar feature in GnuCash.

Alan

Bert Riding wrote