[GNC] How to specify the date format in a QIF file

Bram Mertens mertensb.mazda at gmail.com
Thu May 30 12:19:15 EDT 2019

Hi,

I'm looking into converting the CSV format my bank uses to QIF.
While importing my current test file I get an additional dialog: "set
date format for this QIF file".

It says that the current QIF file does not specify which order the
day, month and year components of a date are printed.
Since I am generating these QIF files I can add whatever info needed
to avoid this.

But I can't find any documentation on how to specify this. It's not on
the wikipedia page that is linked from the wiki and not in the
official specification of the QIF format linked from that page.

What do I need to add to the file to allow gnucash to recognize the date format?

Thanks in advance

Bram