[GNC] Rental property - How to account for delinquent rents?

replicon replicon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 16:48:53 EST 2019

Thank you David!

Yes, our partnership is in CASH accounting (not accrual). That's why I was
hesitant to track "accounts receivable" (cash I should be getting but
haven't received yet) as "income"... I don't want to have to worry about the
Profit/Loss being inaccurate at tax time if the time between the income
materializing and the debt expensing crosses the yearly boundary.

Though I guess there isn't a much better way to do it, seeing as it has to
be balanced against SOMETHING (basically Equity is the other option), which
would still make it look like my net worth includes this money I haven't
collected...

I'm currently leaning towards not tracking it with GNUCash at all (keeping
track on my rent roll instead). When I look at "income" for the year, I want
to know how much money I for-real received. :)