[GNC] Gnucash 3.7 via homebrew not launching on macOS 10.14.6

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Nov 5 11:46:38 EST 2019

> On Nov 5, 2019, at 4:34 AM, SeanDeNigris <sean at clipperadams.com> wrote:
>
> Gnucash 3.7 on macOS 10.14.6 via homebrew wouldn’t launch via double clicking
> on the app. I would get the dialog that I was downloading an app from the
> internet, click okay, but the GUI wouldn't appear and Gnucash did not appear
> in the activity monitor. Running the executable directly via Terminal seemed
> to work fine. The trace file was blank.
>
> Here's the weird part, downloading directly from GH works normally. That's
> odd because the cask seems to just download from GH.
>
> My problem is solved but just posting here in case it helps anyone else...

It's actually pretty common that GnuCash fails to launch after Gatekeeper verification. Just double-click the icon again and it starts right up.

BTW, Homebrew is a bit deceptive about their GnuCash "recipe": It doesn't install GnuCash in the Homebrew environment or even use any other part of Homebrew, it just downloads one of our DMGs.

Regards,
John Ralls