[GNC] Website Down

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Nov 9 12:45:32 EST 2019

> On Nov 8, 2019, at 9:16 PM, Liz <edodd at billiau.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 04:24:53 +0100
> "Frank H. Ellenberger" <frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Dean,
>>
>> Am Sa., 9. Nov. 2019 um 04:07 Uhr schrieb Dean Bradley
>> <no1clashfan at mailbox.org>:
>>>
>>> OK, thanks. Unfortunately, this multi-day outage does not give a
>>> warm and fuzzy to the new potential convert from Quicken to GnuCash
>>> (me).
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> ~dean~
>>
>> you could start reading the wiki:
>> https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash
>> While it does not cover all aspects, the infos there are often more
>> recent than the content of the website.
>>
>> Regard
>> Frank
>
> I'm not sure how Dean could read the wiki on gnucash.org with
> gnucash.org down.
> However
> https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/GnuCash
> last did a snapshot on 22nd September and the information may be there.

Liz,

Because there are two separate hosts involved. The website lives at https://www.gnucash.org, 67.198.37.17. It's currently down with a failed power supply. Everything else (including the mailing lists) is on https://code.gnucash.org, 204.107.200.6, and its various aliases (lists.gnucash.org, wiki.gnucash.org, etc.).  If the mailing lists are working so is the wiki.

Regards,
John Ralls