[GNC] Will the reports file "saved-reports-2.8" recreate itself if deleted or moved?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 11 16:11:42 EST 2019

I have about 40 reports I created for this project and I  would like to keep them for future reference.
 BUT that many reports clutter up the view when retrieving saved report configurations...
I may not reference these particular reports for a year so I would like to  stash them... that is stash  their definitions/configuration file "saved-report-2.8" in another folder until I need those particular reports again.

Question 1: If I move the reports config file saved-report-2.8 to a  backup folder for future use and then delete it from its normal folder at
C:\Users\User-X\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash
Will gnuCash recreate a new "saved-report-2.8" file when I re-launch the gnuCash App?

Question 2: If months down the road I need to recover the saved-report-2.8 file that I stashed elsewhere...
Can I swap the current saved-report-2.8 file with the one I stashed... and visa-versa as needed?

Question 3: I made a simple Transaction Report named Test that only looked at the checking account. Then I made a copy of saved-report-2.8 and looked at it with NotePad++.

The text in the file, I assume, consist of instructions used by gnuCash to create the report...

meaning the contents of saved-report-2.8 is not a language to query the gnuCash data... right?
Thanks for any help. Fran3