[GNC] How to assign a pre-existing payment to a bill?

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 09:10:55 EST 2019

How can I assign a recorded Payment in gnuCash written to a vendor...
As a payment for the Bill that was posted after the payment was made?
Must I delete the deposit/payment and then re-create it as a payment for that particular Bill or what?

Also...
How can I assign a pre-existing deposit in gnuCash as a payment for a specific Invoice for CustomerX?
Must I delete the deposit and re-create it as a payment for that invoice or what?
Thanks for any help.
Fran3