[GNC] Locked out of gnucash

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Nov 18 12:22:08 EST 2019

On Monday, 18 November 2019 16:51:14 GMT Adrien Monteleone wrote:

> I agree, using the PID won’t work, because although GnuCash is not (yet) a
> multi-user app, some people do use it from various machines with the file
> stored on a network. A PID check won’t mean anything to one machine when
> that PID belongs to a different machine.

True, but if the LCK  is hostname_PID.LCK (in a presumably shared data dir),
it is then easy to check if hostname is the current host, and if  PID is
stale, clear LCK and start normally, else show Warning (can't tell if PID is
stale on a remote host)

It will clear the lock for the _majority_ of newish users getting caught by a
crash or power outage.

0.02
Maf.