[GNC] Removing Orphan components from transaction

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 13:04:01 EST 2019

If you delete every data element in the anchor split, and TAB of the end, the split will be deleted, and the transaction will disappear from the register. I've been using this technique for years to clear out the Imbalance-USD account when items appear there.

D.

On November 18, 2019, at 11:25 PM, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> On Nov 18, 2019 w47d322, at 11:23 AM, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> You can’t delete a split that is for the account in the current register. (that is what anchors it to that account)
>
> Yes, you can delete an anchor split and that is what I noted in my previous message.  I called it the 'home' account split.

I get an error message any time I try to do so and it won’t let me. I *can* delete a split assigned to the current register *if* there is more than one such split. (thus it is still anchored to the account)

Regards,
Adrien