[GNC] Reconciliation

Finbar Mahon mahon.finbar at neuf.fr
Thu Nov 21 11:07:01 EST 2019

I have had a similar experience. Afaicr, the starting balance never
coincided, so I thought it was because of (particularly?) income
transaction(s) that hadn't cleared. I was able after a bit of detective
work, based on my Quicken experiences, to find the anomalies. Now
however, like Jack, it is always awry. I am only able to 'reconcile' by
creating an 'orphan'

Most of the time I don't bother, if the difference is small, assuming it
to be finger probs in entering data, but I do wonder why the balances
don't align.

I have found that forgetting to 'c' items in the banks a/c, causes
issues with reconciling.

Finbar