[GNC] Reconciliation

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 20:04:58 EST 2019

I believe one scenario that could cause a starting balance to change might
be in a case that involves multiple currencies or purchases or sales of
securities, if the exchange rate embedded in a reconciled transaction
changes (possibly due to editing the 'other side' of a reconciled
transaction).  Maybe that is a stretch, or maybe not.  You tell me.

David Carlson

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 6:49 PM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Or if that is a warning you can turn off, the user might have done so, and
> would need to use the Reset Warnings function.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> > On Nov 21, 2019 w47d325, at 6:35 PM, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 11/21/19 4:23 PM, Jack Lockard wrote:
> >> Here is what does not make any sense to me.
> >>
> >> When I reconciled September's statement the beginning balance in
> GNUcash did not match the bank statement. I went on and completed the
> reconciliation process and when finished, the closing balance in GNUcash
> and the bank statement did match. For discussion purposes lets say the
> closing balance was $2,200. When I initiated the reconciliation process for
> October the bank statement had a starting balance of $2,200 which was the
> closing balance of September's statement as it should be. However, the
> starting balance shown in GNUcash was now say $3,300. How can that change
> in account balance occur?
> >>
> >> Jack

David Carlson