[GNC] Unable to fetch security prices with latest gnucash

Brett Neumeier bneumeier at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:39:37 EST 2019

Good morning and happy thanksgiving!

I am using Arch Linux, which removed gnucash from their repositories (for
reasons I am not totally clear on). So I have just built gnucash 3.7 from
source. It works fine, except that when I try to update the price database
I find that gnucash crashes entirely. The error log it emits is:

----
Backtrace:
           2 (apply-smob/1 #<catch-closure ffff9c27e620>)
In price-quotes.scm:
   456:18  1 (gnc:book-add-quotes #<swig-pointer GtkWindow * aaab03…> …)
In unknown file:
           0 (_ "There was an unknown error while retrieving the pri…")

ERROR: Wrong type to apply: #<syntax-transformer N_>
----

I have Finance::Quote version 1.49 installed, and I have an Alpha Vantage
API key (that I've verified works properly) registered in the Gnucash
Online Quotes preferences.

Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Cheers!

Brett

--
Brett Neumeier (bneumeier at gmail.com)