[GNC] How to run report on Paid Sales for a period? (Cash Accounting Method)

Fran_3 mailbox0600 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 1 11:15:55 EDT 2019

Sorry for the flurry of questions but I should be done with project in a few days.
When I run.. Reports > Income & Expenses > Income Statementfor a given period and then selectOptions > Accounts > Sales > ApplyI get total "Sales" for that period weather they are paid or not.
I need to know how much money was actually collected from sales during that period as our small business is accounted for on a "Cash" basis as apposed to an "Accrual" basis.
How can I do this?
Thanks for any help.
PS - I considered this process...
- running the Income Statement for the period (last year)- this gives me Total Sales for Last Year no matter weather paid or unpaid... right?
- then runningReports > Business > Receivable Aging > Options > End of Last Year- that should give me how much money was owed us and unpaid at the End of Last Year- I would then rerun the Receivable Aging Report usingOptions > End of year before Last Year- Now if I subtract Receivables at the end of Last Year from Receivables at the end the year before that I will get the amount owed us and not paid for Last Years sales... right?
- Then I could subtract that from last years sales to get total paid sales last yearor is their a more simple way to do this?