[GNC] How to run report on Paid Sales for a period? (Cash Accounting Method)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Oct 1 16:23:18 EDT 2019

#1 - make a copy/backup of your data file and put it somewhere else.

#2 - you should be able to just install new. Your OS should remove the old version as needed. If you find that doesn’t work, then yes, uninstall old, then install new.

Your data file is readable by 3.x, however, it will on first run, update some configuration file storage locations. (and move those related files) While the kinks on this should have been worked out by now, it might not work properly. You’ll notice something is amiss if your preferences are off, or your saved report configurations are missing or inaccessible. The fix is rather simple and nothing is lost. Just report back here if you notice this problem.

The ‘look and feel’ is quite different from 2.6.x. If you find you need to adjust fonts/sizing, report back here and we can point you in the right direction to adjust these to your liking.

There are a few other ‘adjustments’ to get used to but since those vary by user and workflow, I won’t get into them up front as you may never encounter them. If something doesn’t work like it used to for you, just speak up.

Note that 2.6.19 (and 2.6.21) can read a 3.x file, so you can continue to go back and forth if you need. Just be sure to keep straight if you are accessing the current or backup copy.

Regards,
Adrien