[GNC] How can I add statement balances to my accounts as checks?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Oct 2 11:12:11 EDT 2019

Also, how would GnuCash know you weren’t trying to correct a previously hasty reconciliation?

At best, perhaps a no-value transaction can be entered in the account register indicating that the balance listed was reconciled at that date. (and time perhaps)

I’m not sure what the other account should be or if it can even be the same account.

One could do this manually now, but maybe the reconciliation process could do it automatically. The user could elect to hide these if desired with a view filter.

These asserted balance entries should not be editable except by re-reconciling, but since that isn’t currently done by specific period, I’m not sure how that would work either.

Regards,
Adrien