[GNC] Message "There is no disk in the drive"

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 17:39:51 EDT 2019

It may be possible that there was some spillover from the the recent
Windows 10 KB4522016 update  fiasco, although I have an older version of
GnuCash that I use from time to time on a Windows 7 Pro machine.
Curiously, I just tried to fire it up and it crashed before it finished
opening the data file that it had opened successfully only a few weeks ago,
so I will have to do more investigation on my instance.

David Carlson

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 11:50 AM Fran_3 via gnucash-user <
gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> Running the latest gnuCash on Windows 7 Pro machine.
> When I click Edit > PreferencesorWhen I have a Transaction Report up and
> attempt to export it as a PDFI get...
> There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR8
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR9
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR-10
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR11
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR-10
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR-11
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR9
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR10
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR11
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR9
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR-10
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR11
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR9
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR-10
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR9
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR8
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR8
> \Device\Harddisk8\DR8
>
> etc for 21 times before I can proceed.
> Short of grinding through all the Google results... can some kind soul
> direct me to the proper way to fix this... as it's driving me nuts!
> Thanks for any help.

David Carlson