[GNC] How to see which Bill a Payment was applied to?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Oct 6 01:12:01 EDT 2019

The Customer Summary is probably what you want.

It is the closest thing to a ’statement of account’ that GnuCash has.

You can run them individually, or, I like to keep a Receivables Aging Report and a Payables Aging Report open at all times. If you click the total amount on those reports for a customer or vendor, you’ll get the Customer/Vendor Summary Report accordingly.

There is also a new report in the works which will show what invoices/bills the payments in applied to. (similar to the Customer/Vendor Summary but with the extra info) But for now, you have to put this info in the notes/memo fields of the payment transaction. The author is looking for testers. If you check the August/September archives, you should find the GitHub link to download it.

Finally, looking at the AR register, it is easy to see who made payments, but no easy way to see what they applied to.

Regards,
Adrien