[GNC] MacOS Catalina upgrade question

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 7 15:27:02 EDT 2019

Since Catalina was released today, I figured I start this thread because questions will arise.

I’m not one to early adopt an OS upgrade. I usually wait a spell for the particular vendor to work out the initial kinks. But I’m curious if GnuCash 3.7 is ready to run on Catalina. I know there is a new Notarization requirement. Is 3.7 notarized? Or should Mac users wait for 3.8 to upgrade their OS?

Also, I saw this today: https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=09032019a

Does point #2 cover the issue with FinanceQuote.app not being signed with GnuCash’s developer ID?

Regards,
Adrien