[GNC] When reconciling an account, the proper interest account should come up

Paul Kinzelman paul at kinzelman.com
Mon Oct 7 18:31:53 EDT 2019

I've asked this a couple of times over the last year but never got an
answer to
it, but I've stumbled over the answer, so for others who might be having
problems with it, this is how it works. I think it's a bug that ought to be
fixed sometime, but at least I can get it to work.

The issue is when I'm reconciling a savings account, the interest screen
pops
up for me to enter the interest, but the account for entering the interest
(the left window at the bottom) is the same as the account I'm reconciling
which is obviously not correct.

Every time I reconciled the account, I had to manually select the proper
account for recording the interest. The proper account, probably the one
that was used last month, should just pop up but it doesn't.

However, if you enter a proper description (probably the one used the
previous month) like "Interest", and then TAB to the next field, the
proper account does pop up in the lower left select window. If you don't
hit TAB, the proper account does not get automatically selected.