[GNC] Gnucash on MacOs Catalina

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Wed Oct 9 21:31:49 EDT 2019

I'm not a dev, but I do know that Catalina (OS X 10.15) is having
compatibility problems with a number of apps that worked on OS X 10.14.
Webroot just discovered their app won't work on Catalina.

Assuming all the 32 bit libraries are now 64 bit in Gnucash 3.7 this may be
a false alarm from the Catalina OS.  But it still won't launch.

Can you rollback to 10.14 using Apple's tmutil app? The gui is Time
Machine. Apple supposedly snapshots the prior OS when you upgrade to the
next.

I just got the upgrade message on my Mac this evening but declined after
seeing the emails from webroot so mine still has 10.14.

Let's see if anyone on the list has gnucash working on Catalina and also if
the devs have any ideas on this.

Gordon