[GNC] How to find Bill that a Payment was applied to?

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Oct 17 16:34:28 EDT 2019

Op zaterdag 12 oktober 2019 16:47:28 CEST schreef Fran_3 via gnucash-user:
> I've got a strange case here.
> Assets: Current Assets: Checking Account shows a 12/10/18 Payment to Vendor
> XThe Split shows- Liabilities: Accounts Payable- Assets: Current Assets:
> Checking Account The 12/10/18 Payment also shows in Accounts Payable with
> the same Split But when I run a Vendor Report on Vendor X the 12/10/18
> Payment does not show. The Bill shows posted on 12/3/18 in the Vendor
> Report but when I View Bill it shows unpaid. So I'm guessing I must have
> two Vendor X accounts and applied the 12/10/18 payment to the wrong one....
> BUT when I look at Business > Vendor > Vendors Overview only one Vendor X
> is listed. The Question: How can I find which Bill the 12/10/18 Payment was
> applied to? Thanks for any help.
> PS
> a - I searched everywhere for a 2nd account named Vendor X but can not find
> it anywhere except in the List of Vendors b  - I'm running v3.7 on Windows
> 10

Hi,

The existence of that transaction in itself doesn't mean that payment is
actually applied to any bill. Your description confirms this. You have to
actively apply it.

Considering the transaction already exists the easiest way to do so is to
right-click on the transaction and select "Assign as payment". A payment
window should pop up. You can select the appropriate vendor if it's not
already and then click on the bill you want to apply the payment to then click
ok.

Regards,

Geert