[GNC] Font problem

Paul de Vries paul.de.vries at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 18 08:36:53 EDT 2019

On 17 Oct 2019, at 20:28, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> So not a bad font after all, hmm…

>> I do accounting for all my family members, they each have different logo's etc> I made personal modifications to a copy of these reports. no problem at all.
>
> But did you specify a custom or modified stylesheet for those reports?

I specified  a dedicated css in Tax Invoice/Options/Display/CSS stylesheet file.

> What is the stylesheet assigned to the invoice report in Options > General?

Stylesheet>Default.

> What is the font assignment for non-headings in Edit > Style Sheets > Default?

All are None, only font sizes. I didn't change it.

> Are headings assigned the same font?

Same as Edit/Style Sheets/default.

>>> I’m not clear what you mean by ‘error messages, etc.’ Dialogs are controlled by the UI and that *should* be affected by a `*` CSS selector. (though GTK3 CSS doesn’t always play nice like web CSS)
>>
>> I have a new screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/JW2kTrh
>> It shows my css-specified font menlo but the error message has the same problem font.
>
> *Where* are you specifying ‘menlo’?

HOME/Library/Application Support/GnuCash/gtk-3.0.css
HOME/Library/Application Support/GnuCash/config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css
(No difference between them).

> If in the gtk CSS file, that will *only* affect the UI, so the toolbar, the tabs, and the content of the CoA and the Register.
>
> It *will not* affect reports - so you are seeing two different fonts on the screen in that shot. (and a third - the system font in the window’s title bar)
>
> That screenshot I presume also is an example of what you mean by ‘error messages.’ While it does function that way, the message is printed out as text of the report. (essentially it is a report with an error message rather than your data) But that is different than a pop-up dialog error message. (which *would* be affected by the gtk CSS file)
>
> That screenshot then is affected by the assigned report stylesheet, which is at least – ‘default’, if you haven’t changed it. (see above questions on stylesheets)

And since I didn't change any css setting, it would be the default font.
And we don't know what the default font is …