[GNC] Change edit account mutual fund Security/Currency value

ornd25 at tutanota.com ornd25 at tutanota.com
Mon Oct 21 17:54:56 EDT 2019

"One way to achieve this may be to create a second stock account with thecorrect currency using a dummy name, then delete the account with theincorrect currency. In the delete dialog it should ask you if you want totransfer any existing transactions into the account you are deleting toanother account. Specify the new account with the correctcurrency/commodity.  Don't know if this works on stock type accounts or fortransactions with different currencies but it does for most other accountdeletions. You may have to do some editing to get the prices right afterthis if it does work.

David Cousens"

Thank you, David. I was fixated on "change" and didn't consider "delete."

It did work and required no additional editing. I had already completed this transition using the export/import/editing but decided this was cleaner with less chance of induced error and so used the "delete" approach anyway.