[GNC] MacOS Catalina Gnucash 3.7 won't start

Chris Martin clm1492 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 19:53:28 EDT 2019

Thanks Chris and John,
     I can confirm that in System Preferences->Security &
Privacy->Privacy->Files and Folders Gnucash is shown as "Full Disk Access"
as a result of me adding it to the Full Disk Access list earlier in my
debugging.  Out of curiosity, I removed it from the Full Disk Access list
and it made no difference.
     After returning it to "Full Disk Access," I then added the "--nofile"
option to ./Gnucash (and then again in addition to --debug and --extra) and
Gnucash still just hangs with no stdout or stderr output and *without*
generating a trace file.  Running a ps seems to show that the process is
just sleeping.

25294 s000  S+     0:00.00 ./Gnucash --nofile

   I tried a kill -9 in addition to a kill -2 to get it to write a trace
file, but no joy.

-Chris