[GNC] Recording invoice payment issue

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Mon Oct 28 18:54:51 EDT 2019

On Mon, October 28, 2019 6:39 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:

> That's moot. I opened gnucash several hours later and there was a dialog
> box
> showing outstanding invoices due for payment. I selected the new one (the
> older ones were paid long ago) and processed the payment. The 'print
> check'
> checkbox doesn't belong on that dialog box because we're processing checks
> received and not one of ours to be sent.

Umm, That's a "Bills Due Reminder", which is only supposed to show Vendor
Bills (i.e. A/P).  If your "Invoice" is showing up there, that means you
did it backwards and that you processed it as a Vendor Bill.  That's why
it has a checkbox for a check -- because you might want to pay it by
check.

As for the FIND dialog not working -- it sounds like a geometry issue.
There is a criteria box at the top.  If it's not visible, try resizing the
window and/or pulling on the lines that separate the frames.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745