[GNC] Recording invoice payment issue

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Oct 28 20:08:24 EDT 2019

> On Oct 28, 2019 w44d301, at 5:54 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, October 28, 2019 6:39 pm, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> That's moot. I opened gnucash several hours later and there was a dialog
>> box
>> showing outstanding invoices due for payment. I selected the new one (the
>> older ones were paid long ago) and processed the payment. The 'print
>> check'
>> checkbox doesn't belong on that dialog box because we're processing checks
>> received and not one of ours to be sent.
>
> Umm, That's a "Bills Due Reminder", which is only supposed to show Vendor
> Bills (i.e. A/P).  If your "Invoice" is showing up there, that means you
> did it backwards and that you processed it as a Vendor Bill.  That's why
> it has a checkbox for a check -- because you might want to pay it by
> check.

Derek,

Are you forgetting about the *Invoices* Due Reminder? I understood it to be what Rich was referring to.

When I click ‘Process Payment’ from the *Invoices* Due Reminder to mark one of my customer’s invoices as paid, the ‘Print Check’ checkbox is indeed there at the bottom. And although I can’t speak to Rich’s exact issue, I know for a fact, I’m dealing with a customer invoice and not a vendor bill in this case.

I also tried the Process Payment function from the Business > Customer menu, as well as doing so via the ‘Pay Invoice’ from the invoice window itself. All three bring up the same dialog and in each case, the ‘Print Check’ option is there, though it is inactive until an invoice is selected for payment.

Personally, I don’t care that it is there. Its presence doesn’t mean I’m processing a vendor bill as opposed to a customer invoice. But I can see how it might confuse someone who thinks it doesn’t belong there.

Regards,
Adrien