[GNC] Newbie Q: match Description to Transfer

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 21:39:43 EDT 2019

Perhaps, before importing, add a "Groceries" sub account to your expenses
account. Then, instead of importing the entire checking account from your
bank, just import a month's worth of records or so. In the matcher step,
assign transfer accounts accordingly. Then import the remaining records for
that checking account from your bank.  This lets you teach GnuCash how to
assign, at first, then on the second import, GnuCash does most of the work
on the majority of the records.

Kind regards, Greg Feneis
(Pixel 3)