[GNC] Default print-to-file directory

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:20:49 EDT 2019

My experience is not very different from Rich's.  Printing from Chromium
works one way, from Firefox, another way, and I so rarely print directly
from GnuCash that I do not remember.  This is in Ubuntu 18.04.

David Carlson

On Wed, Sep 4, 2019 at 3:44 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Sep 2019, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>
> > Sorry, stumped on that one.
>
> Adrien,
>
> That makes two of us.
>
> > ... but I don’t recall having a default starting directory issue with
> other
> > apps. Do you have that option and does it present the same issue with the
> > default location? (I don’t recall what format the ‘print-to-file’ printer
> > function resulted in)
>
> When I want to print a web page, text document, or a GnuCash report the
> Xfce4 print dialog opens and presents choices of printing to a file, or to
> the LJ5 or color laserjet printer. Most of the time I print to a .pdf file
> because it will be either stored on the computer or attached to an e-mail
> message.
>
> While all other applications do present the last used directory and
> filename, when I make a change that change then becomes the default until
> changed again. With GnuCash, the default is /rshepard/workspace/ and I
> change back to my home directory and that's where the report is printed.
> But
> the next time the default is still /rshepard/workspace/ rather than only
> rshepard/. It must be stored somewhere but I cannot find where.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

David Carlson