[GNC] Assign one payment to multiple invoices (from several customers)

Bat bateast+gnucash at bat.fr.eu.org
Thu Sep 5 11:07:07 EDT 2019

Hi

this is a subject that appears regularly on the mailing list, but I can
not find fine answer neither plan to improve the situation.

Some of my customers often pay for their invoices plus for the one of
other customer. So I get one payment (with one reference) to split to
multiple invoices.

The distribution of one payment to several invoices is natural through
business features if the invoices are for the same customer. But not if
the invoices belong to several customers.

So today, I record the payment on the customer’s invoice, go into the AR
account and verify the splits of the transaction, go into Action -> Lots
to manually remove the other split from the customer payment lot and
assign it to the other customer invoice lot.

Is – there a better way to do that ?

Is – there a plan to allow selecting several customers invoices in
manage a payment GUI ?

Thanks

--
🦇 ~^v^~ Bat