[GNC] Newbie Q: some transactions imported to wrong category

Bitmancer isaac.a.stoddard at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 22:09:34 EDT 2019

Thank you for your timely answer, David. Responses in context:

David Cousens wrote
> ..., it will open to display
> both splits of the transaction on separate lines. If you click on the
> account you wish to change a down arrow appears on the right handside and
> clicking on that will open an account tree display in which you can select
> the desired destination account. ...

The split finds the account just fine. A column called Rebate is presented
and the "R" column has a "c" in it. There seems to be no actual transfer
action to move it away from Error category to Correct category, even though
I have selected it from the drop-down list.
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378732/Screenshot_from_2019-09-07_21-08-08.png>

David Cousens wrote
> For future reference when you are importing transactions GnuCash has a
> matcher ....

I used the Matcher. I missed the entries with errors.

David Cousens wrote
> Under Edit->Preferences->Online Banking you will find a setting "use
> bayesian matching". which should be set. I think it is the default. Other
> wise it uses a simpler and less adaptive method to assign the account.

Button is set.

David Cousens wrote