[GNC] Newbie Q: match Description to Transfer

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Sep 8 00:34:06 EDT 2019

Liz, Bitmancer

There are modifications to the import matcher docs in progress which have
the double clicking to modify a transfer account incorporated in them. The
behavior is the same as in the register for changing the account for a
split.

AFAIK the behavior hasn't changed since the early v30-3.1.  I recently setup
multiple selection to allow assignment of a single transfer account to
multiple transactions. The double click either opens the transfer account
selection dialogue if a transaction is flagged for import or the match
picker dialog if it has been matched to an existing transaction for a single
transaction selection to allow examination of that match. A right click will
bring up the transfer account selection if multiple transactions are
selected. A single left click selects the transaction but doesn't perform
any specific action. Ctrl-Left click and Shift Left click can be used to
select multiple transactions as describedin the GTK treeview documentation
until the description makes into into the docs

I'm currently reworking a lot of the docs around importing. Slowly because I
have to experiment and explore a lot to make sure I have everything covered.
The changes won't make it into v3.7  and are probably currently being
targeted at v4.0.

David

-----
David Cousens