[GNC] GnuCash 3.7 and Reports

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 9 12:58:13 EDT 2019

The loading of reports changed between 2.6.x and 3.x. See here: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Loading_Your_Report

> 2. Invoices: We have been using GnuCash’s invoicing feature to generate invoices for our business. This worked reasonably well for several years in the 2.6.x series. Unfortunately, both GnuCash 3.6 and 3.7 do less well with invoices. The main problem is that the table grid is no longer padded out to fill the page. This means that invoices with relatively short descriptions in the line items look rather ugly with the table taking up only about half of the width of the page and the information that is supposed to be on the right side sitting in the middle of the page. Additionally, the invoice number now prints at the top left, just below the banner, regardless of what I select in the Options dialog. It used to be printed with the invoice details (which I have placed on the right side).
>
>  Are others experiencing something different from this?

1. My invoices (editing/viewing) all pad to the width of the window no matter how I size it, so I’m not sure what you have going on. Maybe try double-clicking the description header and see if they don’t snap back to normal from then on. (I’m also on Mojave)

2. I don’t have a copy of 2.6.x handy to see what it was doing, but indeed, the invoice # prints on the top left. This is because it is the ’title’ of the document.

You can fix that in Options > Layout > CSS

add this line:

.invoice-title { float: right; }

and Apply.

Regards,