[GNC] GnuCash 3.7 and Reports

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Sep 9 14:03:14 EDT 2019

> On Sep 9, 2019 w37d252, at 12:41 PM, John Morris <johnjeff at editide.us> wrote:
>
> Hi Adrien,
>  Thanks for looking into this issue as well. I will study the new procedure for loading reports as soon as I am able.
>
>> 1. My invoices (editing/viewing) all pad to the width of the window no matter how I size it, so I’m not sure what you have going on. Maybe try double-clicking the description header and see if they don’t snap back to normal from then on. (I’m also on Mojave)
>
>  I’m not sure, but I think we may be comparing apples and oranges. Yes, when editing an invoice, the columns pad out to fill the window. The issue I was reporting is about the printable invoice report. There are several options to choose from (easy, fancy, technicolor and others I don’t recall). None of them seem to pad out the _printable_ invoice to fill the page. Because these are static reports, double clicking has no effect.

Sorry, I misunderstood. But my Invoice Report also pads correctly. The entire item detail table just takes up more horizontal space when the descriptions get longer and the shorter description items all fall in line. (the entire table is sized the same and all columns line up) So I *really* am not sure where the problem lies. The report is just an HTML table. The widths are not fixed. (I don’t have a description that would line-wrap, but I’ll make something up to test.)

>> 2. I don’t have a copy of 2.6.x handy to see what it was doing, but indeed, the invoice # prints on the top left. This is because it is the ’title’ of the document.
>>
>> You can fix that in Options > Layout > CSS
>>
>> add this line:
>>
>> .invoice-title { float: right; }
>>
>> and Apply.
>
>  I will try this fix as soon as I can. Is there any way to change it so the invoice number is not the title of the document? I would rather be able to put it down in the invoice details where I want it.

Not without editing the Scheme report code, saving it as a custom report, and then loading it like Doug’s reports.

For my own invoices, it appeared to look as if it were part of the invoice details. (above the invoice date and due date) Font selection and size should be able to make it appear that way. If you run into trouble attempting that with the built-in stylesheet editor, or aren’t familiar with CSS, shout back and I’ll see what I can come up with.

Regards,
Adrien